Thank you for visiting the Shelf Lives site. If you would like to buy a book, please follow this procedure:
- Insert the number of copies required in the appropriate box, one title per transaction.
- Then click on either PayPal or your chosen card. All payments will be taken via the PayPal system, and Shelf Lives will send an email acknowledgement.
- If you want to use your credit or debit card the Checkout will ask you to register with PayPal in order to place the order. To pay by another method please send us a message using the email form on the CONTACT tab.
- Orders for more than one title will necessitate separate transactions.
- The cost of UK postage is included in all prices.
- For purchases requiring overseas postage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
The untold scandals of a Victorian black sheep, Captain Lennox Berkeley, 7th Earl of Berkeley – gambler, zither-player, wife-stealer and bankrupt. By Tony Scotland.
The story of a beautiful book of Gregorian Chant, printed by Moretus in Antwerp in 1598 – and its significance in the Counter-Reformation. By Julian Berkeley and Tony Scotland.
A brief encounter on the boat train in 1934: Igor Stravinsky and a young English composer meet in the restaurant car and talk about music, love, Mussolini and crayfish. By Tony Scotland.
The touching account of an eccentric pilgrimage by three Bright Old Things, veterans of the Brideshead generation, who drive 2000 miles to stay with Patrick and Joan Leigh Fermor. By Tony Scotland.
A rake’s progress on the Grand Tour: the entertaining adventures of the last Earl of Seaforth, dandy, musician, reluctant soldier and ladies’ man. By Tony Scotland.
With war looming in 1938, a radical young German refugee at school in Cambridge finds himself in a passionate, and lastingly significant affair with Benjamin Britten
The first biography of the composer and violinist Thomas Linley Junior, friend of Mozart and forgotten star of Georgian music, who died in a mysterious boating accident aged only 22. By Tony Scotland.
THE EMPTY THRONE
The gripping story of a quixotic search for the heir of the last Emperor of China, in the wake of the Cultural Revolution, with a Foreword by Patrick Leigh Fermor. By Tony Scotland.